Saturday 19 January 2013

Review/Update - Kerastase Intialiste

So as I mentioned here last week, I purchased Kerastase Intialiste in hopes of saving my half dead mane of pink, purple and blonde, with big chunks that have already fallen out via bad cheap dye jobs i've got done out of desperation and lack of dollars. I was told that I would pay in the end for those cheap fixes, and indeed I have, to the tune of £40. Dang.

Kerastase Intialiste, yesterday...

So, I wanted to update you on my results so far. The idea is that you're meant to put two drops from the pipette onto your scalp and work it through your hair after every wash and towel dry. I've done this for nearly two weeks of using it every time, I would like to say that I have indeed had positive results, although I am a little confused....

Two drops goes nowhere. Really nowhere, it covers nothing, so i'm going with the idea of two full squeezes of the pipette. I have very thin hair, half of which is shaved off one side, so it's not like being drunk up by galloons of lustrous hair. However, after the second application, I would say I have definitely noticed more volume to my hair. Not much more, not Dallas levels of volume by any stretch, but there is a definite fullness to it in comparison to normal.

As for the condition, well around the root area, that is smoother and feels softer and has more of a sheen, but the ends are still as terrible. I don't know why I expected a change to my whole head, down to the ends, which are shattered to within an inch of their life, but for the price, I did expect 'something' to improve. So far nothing has.....but I will keep you updated.

So in summary, I would say it's worth it for the root health and the body, but it's not going to change your life, and if, like me, you're on a budget, it'd probably be better to buy a volumising product and sleep in coconut oil which will cost you £2 from Superdrug or Boots. 

If you would like to give it a go, you can find out more from the Kerastase website HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment