Wednesday 9 January 2013

New! MUA Pro - Base make up fixing mist




If you've read any of my previous posts on foundation etc, you'll know that one thing I need is for my make up to last ALL night in the most horrendously humid conditions, through sweat, hot lights, aggressive chemically smokey atmosphere's and heat. Lots of heat.

I have bought many make up fixing sprays in my time, including Urban Decays recently repackaged (thank goodness, the old packaging was hella ugly) range of fixing sprays - All Nighter and De-Slick. I also own the Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix which I purchase from one of the few UK stockists of this brand, the make up junkies we dream Guru Make Up Emporium, as well Model In A Bottle, Model Co. Setting Spray, Collection (2000) Fix Me Up Spray, Mac Fix +, and finally Shu Uemura Deep Sea Water Mist and the original and one of the best i've used, Skindinavia Make Up Finishing Spray.

So you see, I own a lot of this stuff. I'd 'almost' call myself a bit of an expert. I shall, if anyone is interested, do a mammoth review of each if you wish!?

So today I picked up this guy above. I always love buying stuff from MUA, it's cheap as chips, and as a company, they listen to their customers and try and produce what we need. I'm going to give it a go this friday as i'm in islington at an all nighter situation. I read the blurb and it says this -


"Fixes your makeup in place all day long. Protects against heat, humidity, cold and windy conditions; whatever your day throws at you - your makeup will hold in place!"

I checked the ingredients at the back, and there's certainly a lot less in comparison to Urban Decay, but i'm willing to believe the blurb. Application is as follows - 

"Apply makeup as normal.
Shake your fixing mist and then hold at arms length and spray in a horizontal swishing motion until you have your desired cover. Avoid direct contact with eyes Moisterises and hydrates skin Micro-fine mist for easy application Up to 8 hours fixing time."

So it doesn't make any grand 16 hour promises like others, but it cost £4, as opposed to £20, so i'm okay with that. I mean, the blurb does have spelling mistakes in it so you can't really expect miracles from a budget company. 

I purchased Make Up Academy Pro Base Fixing Mist from Superdrug for £4. 

Review coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment