Saturday 12 October 2013

REVIEW: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

When I heard that Real Techniques (as in, Sam from Pixiwoo, a big ladycrush of mine) were releasing a sponge, I knew it was going to be a winner. What I didn't reckon on was how bargainous it was going to be, and HOW RUDDY GOOD.


Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

I shall make no bones about this. I LOVE THIS GUY. Now, since i'm a bit of a heartbroken mess, I am prone to extreme mood swings, but extreme enthusiasm isn't one of those emotions, sadly. However, this sponge, it has got an ounce of positivity out of me, and frankly, thats big news.

What's the corporate blurb then?

"Apply your foundation flawlessly with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. With rounded sides to blend and smooth foundation over large areas of your face, it also features a flat edge to glide around the contours of your eyes and nose. Finished with a precision tip that's ideal for covering spots and blemishes, this easy-to-use sponge will give you the perfect airbrushed effect"

So, why is this fellaguy good? Lets go list crazy!

He's cheap

He's multifaceted. You can use the flat side for application, the rounded for cream blush and highlighter, the pointed end for concealer, and the rounded side for powder. One for ALL!

He's easy to clean, just pop him under the tap with some shampoo. Done!

He gives a super airbrushed finish

He's FOOLPROOF

So how do you, or I, use this?

Easy. I dampen it under a warm tap, squeeze out the excess water, dot foundation over my face, use the flat side to distribute foundation around my face in a wiping motion. For areas I need more coverage, I use a dabbing motion. Then I apply concealer to areas that need even more coverage, and use the flat edge to apply around the eyes and nose area. Then I apply dots to areas where I have blemishes, and use the pointed end to gently blend the edges for undetectable full coverage. I then use one of the rounded sides to dab into my creme blush, say, Mac Posey, a personal fave, and dab it onto my cheeks. I then apply NARS illuminator in copacabana with the same area of sponge to the high points of my face, and finally, dab the other side of the sponge in my loose powder, apply in a rolling motions all over my make up, and i'm DONE! 

It's THAT easy. 

I can't say ANYTHING negative about this product. It's quarter of the price of a beauty blender, and a better product, so....BUY IT!

You can purchase this at Boots or HQ Hair for the bargain price of £4.99



No comments:

Post a Comment