Friday 27 September 2013

REVIEW: Sleek Matte Me - All Shades - Swatches

BACK.

I'm a bit of a grotten mess today, but ima going to to my best to post something worthy of being read for you lovey guys out there.

I am a big fan of the brand Sleek. They bring out fashion focused products of an incredible quality and a really affordable price point. What is not to love!? From the point these were announced I checked the local Superdrug to see if they were nestling on the shelves (whilst also trying to avoid the guy who would say daily 'where is the girl who usually comes with you? She's much prettier than you, because, y'know, I need to feel WORSE about myself right now obvs), and I snapped them up the second I found them.

So, lets get a swatching!



Top to bottom - Petal, Birthday Suit, Party Pink, Rioja Red, Brink Pink, Fandango Purple

L-R - Fandango Purple, Brink Pink, Rioja Red, Party Pink, Birthday Suit, Petal


So, the review! What is it that Sleek have to say about all this matte malarkey?


"Matte Me is a matte finish liquid lipstick that glides on in one smooth application, with no need for a second coat." - sleekmakeup.com

I have to be honest, as much as I love Sleek, the claim is bollocks. I am a massive, MASSIVE Matte lipstick fan, I own every matte lipstick I can get my hands on, so i'm a pretty easy sell and easily pleased when it comes to a long wear liquid matte lip, as you'll see from my posts on the Lime Crime Velveteens, and the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. These aren't really in the same league formula, or longevity wise sadly. They barely cover in one swipe, leaving a pretty patchy offering, so if you want it to it totally opaque, you will probably want to fill your lips in with a liner, blot, then swipe it on, twice. It looks great then, but it does also have a reasonably short wear time if you want to drink and eat. 

So, in short, if you're going to go for a budget matte options, I would definitely pick up Rioja Red and Birthday Suit, as they're great colours and a lot cheaper than Stila etc, but don't expect them to be bulletproof. 



No comments:

Post a Comment