Friday 15 March 2013

Review - Stila Stay All Day Lipstick - Shade Fiery 01

If there's one thing i'm a massive fan of, it's a matte lip. It's not that i'm a hater of a glossy lip, but there's something so classic about a matte, flat colour on a lip, almost cartoonish depending on the shade. I know a lot of girls get upset about matte colours being drying, but I don't give a toss frankly. It looks cool, and thats what Neutrogena Intense Repair Lip Balm is for. Just slather some on and give your lips and exfoliate girls, and hey presto, the world didn't end!

So, onto my latest lip crush.....


I have always had problems with red lipstick. Normally pale girls look great with red lips, but such is my skin tone and odd colouring, as i'm pale, but pinky in the face, a yellowy around my neck, very dark brown of hair (naturally, but it's pink right now) and pale blue eyes, oh, and super yellow teeth because of smoking like a trooper from the age of 11 till I was 22. It's a confusing palette for some reason so many red lipsticks look awful on me. However, this guy, he's my mothereffing HERO. 


Fiery, swatched. Just now.

This behaves much like the last Stila Liquid Lipstick I reviewed, it's a massively pigmented formula, which covers completely in one swipe, and takes about three minutes to dry down completely. It leaves a beautiful, velvety finish, completely matte, and pretty long lasting. The manufacturer, Mr Stila, says it should last six hours through hell and high water. This isn't quite true, but if you're just going out, having a drink and a bite to eat, it'll see you through zero problems. If you're going for a full on snog, it's going to move a little. You'll continue to look good, but your kissing partner is going to be a little red around the mouth. Ahem. Still, who cares, as long as you're looking good! 



So above, i've teamed it with my beloved Sleek Eau La La Liner in Raisin (£6.99 Superdrug), which is a great dupe for Mac Currant . Then all I have to do is swipe, clean up (which I neglected to do above, clearly) and go. I can just touch up through the night if I need to, and everyone is a red lips winner! 

You can purchase Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery from ASOS  or direct from Stila UK for £15



No comments:

Post a Comment