Tuesday 7 January 2014

REVIEW: Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask


So in the efforts to keep myself distracted from my current malaise, I am back on this blog guy like a mofo. It appears a lot of people read this, despite my zero effort to be professional and polite, so, i'm carrying on. Ride with me!

So, the Mint Julep mask, this is somewhat of a cult product that I heard about a couple of years back in the midst of one of my skin obsessed melt downs. I am quite paranoid about my skin, being one of those girls who when young, was effortlessly slim, toned, and never needed to wear foundation. Then I got older, I got wider, and my skin suddenly (with the help of a hormone imbalance) went to bollocks. It's uneven, I have patches of pigment, blocked pores and mega redness. I found the cure for this misery with a combination of my two wonder Decleor products, Ylang Ylang Skin Balancing Oil, and Aroma Purete Oxygenating Mattifying Fluid - reviews HERE and this mask, above. 

Now, i'm a bit of a twat when it comes to products and price. I always believe that if something is cheap, it won't work as well as anything else, and of course, that is true of some product lines, but this mask, I honestly can't imagine finding anything more bargainous and brilliant. It's a cult, for a reason. Like many things....

A cult. Product.

Anyways, what is it? It's this.

"Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment to absorb excess oil, and help minimize appearance of pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. As it firms and hardens within minutes, it draws out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth."

So what is my experience of it? Well, I tend to get a lot of small whiteheads, they're annoying, they are small but are surrounded by a big patch of redness and ruin the look of my make up, giving the appearance, once they're covered with foundation, of a bumpy, rough face. When suffering from this, i'll spread a generous amount of this minty, refreshing feeling mask over my face and let it dry over twenty minutes. The best bit, is you can see it working, the oil in your pores is literally SUCKED out and you can see it gathering in the pale green clay. Once time is up, grab a warm facecloth, wipe it off, and you are ready for your day/night out. 

I tend to use this before a big night out if it's going to be a long night, simply because I am a very oily girl, and if I use this before, I won't have any problem with shine or slip of foundation for the next day or two. It really is that effective. On top of this is leaves my skin cooled and much less red. Who can complain at that!?

On the downside, I would say, it's not as brilliant as Eve Lom Rescue Mask, but that retails for £35, whilst you can purchase this mask from amazon for a mere £2.79.

So if you've a spare few quid, and are oily, give this a go, it's AWESOME.



No comments:

Post a Comment