Tuesday 22 July 2014

REVIEW: DOVE Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Oil Shea Butter & Warm Vanilla

Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Oil


Like a moth to a really hot scalding lightbulb, the second I see something I don't recognise on the shelves of boots or superdrug, I bound over and decide I cannot live without it for a second longer. Yesterday I came across this and as i've run out of my usual body oil from asda, I decided to give myself a little bit of summer shimmer. I've been slapping on some cheap fake tans of recent, so I have a tiny bit of colour to my skin (trust me, it's truly pathetic compared to everyone else on the streets) so I thought I might look a little better with some sheen, as for some reason, despite all the moisturising I do, my skin is always dry. So. Yes. Lets talk oil etc.

They say....

The light shimmer formula and deliciously long lasting scent gives you an irresistible glow which you’ll be desperate to show off.
Shea butter is rich in essential fatty acids (Linoleic acid) which are known to soothe and nourish the skin, helping it to repair itself.

In addition to this, it contains Sunflower seed oil to improve skin hydration by improving the quality of your skin. The nurturing ingredients mean that your skin receives long lasting care, leaving it looking and feeling beautifully soft.

I say....

I like it! It smells delicious, like a lovely biscuit, and it lives up to it's non greasy claims. Okay, it takes a little while to soak in, it's not a 'dry oil' so don't expect to slap it on and it evaporate in seconds, but its a very small amount of time, and it does give the skin a beautiful golden sheen, without looking like you're doused in baby oil a la Jodie Marsh. Your skin will feel nourished, smell gorgeous, and moisturised and comfortable. There's nothing negative I can say about this particularly. It's reasonably priced, works well and gives you a healthy glow. Lovely!


My glowy oiled arm. Smelling like summer and biscuits.


You can pick this up at Boots for £8.99



No comments:

Post a Comment