Monday 26 July 2010

You Are Welcome

Hello campers!

So I just thought i'd welcome any lost souls that come across my blog with a first post to explain what this blog is and who I am. So yes, hello, I am El, and i'm a make up addict. I wanted to start this as I spend such a ridiculous amount of time and money trying to find the perfect products (i'm like the Heston Blumenthal of the cosmetic world minus the bone marrow in a bap) and thought I'd find a use for all the information I have to help you, hopefully.

I am not beautiful by any stretch of the imagination, I am average looking, I have oily skin, large pores, and am as pale as paper with uneven skin tone and a tendency to break out and go red in a very unforgiving fashion. So many beauty blogs I see are written by beautiful girls with perfect skin who don't actually need make up to make them feel able to leave the house with dignity intact. I need make up. Very much so.

The other side to me is that I am also a full time DJ and club promoter in london. My world is basically ruled by the world of electro/indie etc and i'm fully immersed in it. This is hopefully going to be a nice distraction from that. Also, with my make up, it needs to be good as my job is hot, sweaty, grimy and I am up all night. Therefore you can trust my reviews if they say the product does the trick, because my road tests are tough going.

So yes. Welcome to my regular rambles on products. First up is going to be my most recent foundation purchase - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk in shade 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment